Kirkland Lodge #150 F.&A.M.
WB Reginald Herber Collins
The desire for fellowship and the advancement of Masonry must have prompted Bro. Reginald H. Collins and sixteen other brothers in establishing a Lodge in Kirkland Washington. Through their efforts Kirkland Lodge Under Dispensation was to become a reality in January, 1906.
The Dispensation having been granted on January 9, 1906 was read by WB Collins at the first meeting on January 19, 1906, after which, he appointed the other officers of Kirkland Lodge Under Dispensation. The appointed officers were Brothers Ludwig H Marsh, Treasure; Herman S. Reed, Secretary; Theodore J. Kieffer, Senior Deacon; Albert O. Weaver, Junior Deacon; Whitney K. Adams, Senior Steward; Joseph H. Peak, Junior Steward and Andrew J. Klepser, Tyler. These Brothers were to be the guiding light of the Lodge for many years.
At the 49th Communication of Grand Lodge, convened in Spokane Washington, on June 12-14, 1906, Kirkland Lodge Under Dispensation was granted its Charter and numbered 150. Kirkland Lodge No. 150 was duly constituted on August 9, 1906, and received its Charter by WB David Prescott, Grand Lecturer of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Washington.
The first home for Kirkland Lodge No. 150 was the Ancient Order of United Workmen Hall, located on Picadilly and Oxford St. (now 7th Ave. and 2nd St.). It was a two story frame structure with a residence on the ground floor and the Lodge room upstairs. This Hall was to be the home of the Lodge for over sixteen years, from January 1906 to September, 1922.
The year 1922 was an important year for the Lodge. In June of that year Kirkland Lodge purchased the Campbell Building which gave the Lodge a meeting place that we enjoy today. The building located at Picadilly and Market St. (now 7th and Market St.) was one of the first buildings built by the founders of Kirkland. The first meeting in the new Temple was on September 21, 1922.
Further history of the building itself can be found on wikipedia.